Mission, Vision & Values
Inspired by God's love, Lutheran Social Services of South Dakota cares for, supports and strengthens individuals, families and communities.
Lutheran Social Services of South Dakota is known for excellence, innovation and leadership in services that foster the capacity of people to be resilient in meeting life's challenges.
- We believe Christ's love compels us to serve.
- We believe all people are created by God with worth and dignity.
- We believe that diversity in all expressions enriches our life and work.
- We respect the expression of others' faiths.
- We value and advocate for all people.
- We make a difference in people's lives as they change and grow.
- We seek always to be wise stewards of human and financial resources.
The colors and design of the logo for Lutheran Social Services of South Dakota were selected out of meditation on Psalm 23. They serve as a reminder of God’s desire to bring peace and renewal to the lives of people.
Looking beyond the green letters, LSS, that form the logo’s base, one can see a dove or perhaps a ship. The dove symbolizes God’s spirit, hope and peace. A ship signifies the church, its strength and security. The small leaves sprouting from the base suggest growth and newness of life.
It all blends together to express the ultimate purpose of Lutheran Social Services—to care for, support and strengthen individuals, families and communities.