Residential Services for Children & Youth
LSS provides treatment for youth who have significant mental health, emotional and behavioral issues. LSS also provides treatment for youth who cannot function in their home environments and are disruptive in their schools and communities. LSS provides 24-hour care for boys and girls ages 10 to 17 through three psychiatric residential treatment programs and one group care program. Locations and levels of care include:
• Canyon Hills Center, Spearfish, and Summit Oaks I, Sioux Falls, are psychiatric residential treatment facilities.
• Summit Oaks II , Sioux Falls, is an intensive psychiatric residential treatment facility.
• New Beginnings Center, Aberdeen, is a group care facility.
- Group and individual counseling
- Psychiatric, psychological and health services
- Evidence-based programming
Love and Logic® caregiver model
Recreational activities and community outings
- Independent living skills training
- Community service and volunteer opportunities
- Cultural opportunities
- Spiritual opportunities
- Family counseling and involvement activities
- Transition services
- Availability of specialized medical/mental health services
- Day treatment program
- Substance abuse programming
- Accredited regular and special education programs on campus
- Community educational opportunities