Canyon Hills, Spearfish
Canyon Hills Center is a psychiatric residential treatment facility licensed to serve boys and girls ages 10 to 17 who have emotional, behavioral and educational challenges. Located in the beautiful Northern Black Hills of South Dakota, Canyon Hills Center offers a specialized education program, extensive outdoor recreation, opportunities for community involvement, and evidence-based programming, including cognitive behavior therapy groups.
Canyon Hills Center is licensed by the South Dakota Department of Social Services, and accredited by the Council On Accreditation For Children and Family Services.
The Fair Housing Act prohibits housing discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status and national origin.
- Accredited regular and special education programs.
- Community educational opportunities.
- Group and individual counseling.
- Psychiatric, psychological and health services.
- Therapeutic recreation.
- Independent living skills training.
- Employment skills training.
- Job opportunities.
- Community service opportunities.
- American Indian cultural opportunities.
- Chaplaincy services.
- Family involvement activities.
- Family counseling.
- Transitional and after-care services.