Summit Oaks I, Sioux Falls
Summit Oaks I is a psychiatric residential treatment facility licensed to serve boys and girls ages 10 to 17 who have emotional, behavioral and educational challenges. Summit Oaks I offers a comprehensive therapeutic program with both on-campus and community-based education. In addition to residential programming, Summit Oaks I also offers day treatment services. Summit Oaks is located in the LSS Center for Children and Youth. The center allows LSS to meet the expanding need for services and to provide expanded living, school and recreational space.
Summit Oaks I cares for youth who are unable to function in a family environment and have a significant mental health diagnosis. With a 1-5 adult/child ratio in a structured living environment, youth learn to care for themselves and others. A child-centered, family-focused treatment plan articulates goals and plans to be accomplished during care.
Summit Oaks I is licensed by the South Dakota Department of Social Services, accredited by the Council On Accreditation For Children and Family Services, and certified by the the State of Minnesota Department of Corrections.
- Urban location, with access to extensive community services.
- Proximity to specialized medical care.
- On campus, accredited regular and special education programs.
- Community educational opportunities.
- Group and individual counseling.
- On campus psychiatric, psychological and health services.
- Substance abuse program.
- Therapeutic recreation.
- Independent living skills training.
- Employment skills training.
- Job opportunities.
- Community service opportunities.
- American Indian cultural opportunities.
- Chaplaincy services.
- Family involvement activities.
- Family counseling.
- Transitional and after-care services.
- Day Treatment Program.