Summit Oaks II, Sioux Falls
Summit Oaks II is an intensive psychiatric residential treatment facility licensed to serve girls ages 10 to 17 who have severe emotional, behavioral and educational challenges. Summit Oaks II offers a comprehensive therapeutic program with both on-campus and community-based education. Summit Oaks is located in the LSS Center for Children and Youth. The center allows LSS to meet the needs of youth who are in need of an intensive residential program.
Summit Oaks II cares for youth who have been unsuccessful in previous out-of-home placements, have severe acting out behaviors and have a mental health diagnosis. With a 1-3 adult/child ratio in a highly structured living environment, youth find sufficient security and support from mental health professionals to regain understanding of healthy relationships, their mental health condition and functional behaviors.
- Proximity to specialized medical care.
- 1 to 3 adult/youth ratio.
- On campus, accredited regular and special education programs.
- Group and individual counseling.
- On campus psychiatric, psychological and health services.
- Substance abuse program.
- Therapeutic recreation.
- American Indian cultural opportunities.
- Chaplaincy services.
- Family involvement activities.
- Family counseling.
- Transitional and after-care services.