Fatherhood & Families
To be eligible for the Fatherhood & Families program, clients must:
- be housed within one of the state's Department of Corrections facilities.
- have six months or less left to serve prior to their release or have been released from prison less than six months.
- intend to be in a parenting role upon release.
- participate voluntarily.
- are not currently incarcerated for a domestic violence or stalking charge.
The Fatherhood & Families Program provides services at each of the following South Dakota Department of Corrections facilities.
- SD State Penitentiary in Sioux Falls
- Jameson Annex in Sioux Falls
- Mike Durfee State Prison in Springfield
- Yankton Minimum Unit in Yankton
- Rapid City Minimum Unit in Rapid City or Black Hills Transitional Center.