LSS outpatient counseling offers a variety of services for individuals, families, couples, or groups –
- Individual, couples and family therapy.
- Group therapy and education groups.
- Marriage preparation.
- Mental health assessments and evaluations.
- Critical incident counseling following a traumatic incident in a school, congregation or workplace.
- Counseling for victims of crime – if you have been the victim of a violent crime, you may be eligible for counseling services at no cost to you. Contact LSS for more information.
Outpatient counseling can help individuals, couples, and families clarify their situations, examine possible solutions, and develop coping strategies. LSS provides affordable counseling services, with a sliding fee scale for basic counseling services based on income. There are some specialized counseling and psychiatric services that are not covered under the sliding fee structure.
LSS is covered under most insurance plans and accepts South Dakota Medicaid and Medicare. Some insurance requires pre-certification procedures, which our counselors can help you navigate.
LSS counseling centers are conveniently located throughout South Dakota. Main offices are located in Aberdeen, Rapid City, Sioux Falls and Watertown. Satellite offices are located in Brookings, Milbank, Mitchell, Mobridge, Sisseton and Sturgis.
LSS therapists are Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists and Licensed Addiction Counselors. The LSS counseling team includes psychiatrists and psychologists. LSS counseling services are accredited through the Council on Accreditation and meet their rigorous standards. For the LSS provider directory, click here.
Schedule an appointment online or call 1-855-334-2953 toll free. If this is an emergency, please call 911.
To pay your bill online, click here.