Are You Pregnant? Need Help Making A Decision?
One of the most stressful aspects of an unplanned pregnancy is the frustration of so many decisions and choices. Knowing what questions to ask and what options are available is difficult. For this reason, LSS provides a counselor who can assist in sorting through all the options and provide accurate information about the different choices available. A good decision making process involves:
- locating resources who can provide accurate information.
- gathering information on all choices.
- looking realistically at current situations and resources.
- prioritizing life goals.
- examining long term implications of each choice.
- examining reliable support systems.
- choosing among the options.
- committing to a plan of action.
As You Consider Your Options, Ask Yourself...
- Should I talk to someone about my options and get accurate information?
- Can I afford to support a child?
- Is my relationship ready for a child?
- What are my long term goals?
- Could I handle a child and a job/school at the same time? How?
- What will a child need from me? (emotionally, physically, mentally) How will I provide these?
- What might I have to give up if I parent?
- Am I prepared for a 24-hour, 7-day per week responsibility?
- Do I have a support system that will assist me? Who are they and in what ways will they help?
- Is parenting a child best for my child or myself?
- Am I better able to provide a good life for my child if I wait to parent and consider adoption?
Birth Parent Testimonials
Whether you choose to make an adoption plan or not, you will want to make an informed decision. LSS is here to support and assist you during this important and difficult time in your life. Counseling is free and you have the freedom to choose.