When your business, congregation or family becomes a sponsor, you–
- Welcome refugees into our community, providing support as they rebuild their lives.
- Surround these New Americans with helping hands, security and understanding in order to promote healthy social and cultural adjustment.
- Assist and mentor refugees to become self-reliant.
To learn about how you can help sponsor a newly-arriving family, contact–
LSS Center for New Americans
114 S. Main Ave., Ste. 100, Sioux Falls, SD 57104-6410
Levels of Sponsorship
Full Sponsors will:
- Greet the family at the airport.
- Set up their home.
- Provide for rent and utilities for four months.
- Orient the family to the community.
- Practice English with the family.
- Assist in job placement.
Partial Sponsors will do any of the following:
- Provide rent or cash assistance for a family for one to four months.
- Provide furnishings for an apartment.
- Provide mentors to assist the family in social, cultural and community adjustment.
The LSS Center for New Americans will:
- Present the sponsorship program and answer any questions potential sponsors may have.
- Provide sponsorship training.
- Provide ongoing support for sponsors and refugee families.
- Provide case management and employment services for the family.
- Provide English Language Training.