Consumer Credit Counseling Service
Since 1984, Consumer Credit Counseling Service has been dedicated to educating and empowering individuals and families to master their finances. To fulfill this mission, CCCS provides free and low cost services including individual budget counseling, debt management, and community education. These services are specifically designed to help clients take control of their financial future.
Currently CCCS has offices throughout South Dakota offering extended day and evening hours for in-person and telephone counseling. Services also are available through on-line counseling or by mail.
- CCCS provides individual budget counseling to thousands of people each year.
- CCCS offers financial education to more than 5,000 families each year.
- Each year, CCCS returns approximately $6 million to creditors, money that might have otherwise been lost to personal bankruptcy.
- Professional relations are built between CCCS and more than 1,300 local and national creditors.
- CCCS is accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Children and Family Services.
- CCCS is a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, and a HUD Certified Housing Counseling agency.
- CCCS is a United Way Agency.