The Financial Goals
The cost of the Campus on East Bank campaign is estimated at $5.4 million and will include the purchase of the property and remodeling the interior and exterior space. LSS will raise funds to fulfill the financial obligations of this project from the following efforts:
- An internal staff campaign.
- A joint LSS Governing Board of Directors and the LSS Foundation Board of Directors campaign.
- Proceeds from the sale of buildings will be committed to this project. This includes the sale of the former Refugee & Immigration Center at 1609 W. 11th St., Sioux Falls, and properties of former LSS Affordable Housing Services.
- A Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce Community Appeals Campaign.
- A congregational campaign which will likely take place in 2017/2018 and look to raise funds from Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA) congregations across the state.
Sioux Falls Area Chamber Campaign Process
The Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce Community Appeals Campaign is one phase of an integrated campaign that will fulfill the financial requirements of the project. This campaign was approved and endorsed by the Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce Community Appeals Committee. This committee, composed of 32 Sioux Falls business leaders, reviews six to eight applications per year by non-profit organizations wanting to conduct a capital campaign. Two organizations are selected based on criteria such as community need and impact.
- The Sioux Falls Chamber of Commerce selects a small number (typically one or two a year) of non-profit campaign drives per year.
- In 2013, LSS was one of seven organizations that applied for an approved slot.
- LSS was approved for a fund drive of $1.25 million.
- LSS Community Appeal Fund Drive is scheduled for April 1 – July 31, 2016.
- The Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce Committee was established in 1958 to coordinate capital requests of Chamber members.