Childcare & Education Services, Sioux Falls
Here4Youth is a before and after school program as well as a summer program for students ages 3 to 21 with or without special needs. We have a primary focus on working with youth who need more attention and specialized help with health, behavioral, developmental and cognitive needs. We staff at a 1 to 5 ratio which allows the staff to give the youth the attention and care that they may need.
Here4Youth is currently seeking individuals that would be able to perform the following job duties and work 10 to 20+ hours a week during our 2016-2017 school year.
- Monday through Friday 6:45 am to 9 am with the opportunity for additional hours one Saturday a month from 5 pm to 9 pm.
- Monday through Friday 2 pm to 6pm with the opportunity for additional hours one Saturday a month from 5 pm to 9 pm.
We are very flexible with scheduling and try to work with staff schedules as much as possible.
Primary duties and responsibilities include –
- Providing support for youth in the areas of personal grooming, positioning, transferring, and other activities of daily living
- Supervising children in the Here4Youth building as well as on field trips
- Assisting in implementing planned recreational and leisure time activities
- Providing instruction to all youth attending Here4Youth
- Accurately collecting, reporting, and documenting, including but not limited to: progress reports, incident reports, maladaptive behavior records, etc.
- Responding to behaviors according to individual plans
- Following organizational policy and procedures
- Ensuring the safety of youth receiving services
- Meeting and maintaining all training requirements as required by the state of South Dakota and Lutheran Social Services
- Transporting youth to and from outings in agency owned vehicles
Applicants for this position must meet the following requirements –
- Requires a full range of body motion including the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull when responding to challenging behaviors, eye/hand coordination, and the ability to lift youth weighing 50 pounds, using proper body mechanics
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be able to obtain CPR & First Aid Certification
- Must be reliable
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must LOVE children
- Have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and obtain approved driver status
- Must successfully complete all agency background checks
Salary: Depends on experience.
Respond by: open until filled
To apply, send application (found on previous page), cover letter and resume to:
Melissa Frericks, Program Coordinator
LSS Childcare & Education Services
1721 West 51st Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
An equal opportunity employer.
Powered by Firespring.org