Childcare & Education Services, Sioux Falls
2 pm to 6 pm, Monday through Friday.
Flexibility provided if applicant prefers 3 or 4 days per week. Additional hours are available during the summer months if interested.
The ELL specialist plans and leads fun and engaging activities to enhance the vocabulary of students speaking English as a second language in grades K-5. In the after school and summer program, responsibilities also will include:
- Pick up kids at their school and transport to their home at the end of the day.
- Lead children by participating in programming and teaching students simple, fun and enriching activities.
- Utlize planning time to create and submit lessons to program coordinator.
- Provide quality, nurturing care to children enrolled in the program.
- Spend time outdoors with children.
- Communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with students, their parents, and other staff.
- Assist in preparing and serving snacks, and cleaning areas to ensure clean sanitary conditions and to meet standards.
- Maintain daily paperwork such as attendance records, food program records, activity and snack supply purchasing list.
- Attend in-service training required by licensing and the program.
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED. Post high school education and experience with children preferred. Must be at least 21 years of age and have (or be willing to obtain) training and experience necessary to develop supportive relationships with very young children. Valid driver’s license with good driving record required. Must successfully complete all agency background checks.
Respond by: open until filled
To apply, send application (found on previous page), cover letter and resume to:
Heather DeWit, Director
LSS Childcare & Education Services
3400 East 49th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57103
An equal opportunity employer.
Powered by Firespring.org