Kinship Home Study Specialist, Kinship Services
30 hours weekly; Monday through Friday with evening/weekend hours, as needed.
Primary responsibilities include –
- Arrange and facilitate kinship home study assessment visits
- Evaluate and assess potential kinship placements for children
- Write home study assessments using the protective capacity assessment model
- Provide basic information on community and state resources to equip families as a kinship resource
- Respect and impart the importance of family and cultural connections for children
- Work collaboratively with referring agencies and workers
- Participate as a member of a Kinship Home Study Program team
Successful candidate will have –
- Bachelor's degree in social work, preferred, or related field, plus one to two years related experience
- Licensed Social Worker (or the ability to be licensed) through the South Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Good communication skills; both written and interviewing skills
- Ability to be self-motivated
- Working knowledge of computer systems such as MS Outlook, MS Word, Excel, FACIS and Clinician's Desktop
- Ability to project a caring manner in all agency contacts and maintain a professional relationship with clients, co-workers and the general public
- Sensitivity to special needs and cultural differences
- Ability to successfully complete all agency background checks; to include criminal background, motor vehicle records check, etc.
- Valid driver's license and car insurance
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
Respond by: open until filled
To apply, send application (found on previous page), cover letter and resume to:
Dede Mogck, Manager
LSS Kinship Services
621 East Presentation Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
An equal opportunity employer.