Center for New Americans
- Education Classroom Assistant: provide individual attention to adult students in English, computer and citizenship classes under the guidance of the classroom teacher.
- Mentor: help a newly-arrived refugee family in social and cultural adjustment, and English communication skills.
- Welcome Box Collector: gather kitchen, bathroom and bedroom items for new arrivals.
- Furniture Mover: assist with setting up apartments and collecting donations.
- Clerical: assist with clerical functions.
- Advisory Committee Member (appointed by LSS Board): Advise director of LSS Center for New Americans.
If you have an idea and would like to visit with us, please contact a development officer below.
Southeastern South Dakota
Jamie Lennon, Development Director
705 E. 41st Street, Suite 200 Sioux Falls, SD 57105
800-568-2401 ext. 7502 or 605-444-7502 local
Northeastern South Dakota
Liesl Hovel, Development Director
110 6th Ave. SE, Suite 200 Aberdeen, SD 57401-6266
800-584-9248 or 605-262-6300 local
Western South Dakota
Jessica Lillebo, Development Director
2920 Sheridan Lake Road Rapid City, SD 57702
800-260-1439 or 791-6700 local