Are You Pregnant? Need Help Making A Decision?
One of the most stressful aspects of an unplanned pregnancy is the frustration of so many options and decisions. Knowing what questions to ask and what options are available is difficult. For this reason, LSS provides pregnancy counselng to help sort through all the options and provide accurate information about the different options available. A good decision making process and plan involves:
- gathering information on all choices.
- looking realistically at current situations and resources.
- prioritizing life goals.
- examining long term implications of each choice.
- examining reliable support systems.
- choosing among the options.
- committing to a plan of action.
As You Consider Your Options, Ask Yourself...
- Should I talk to someone about my options and get accurate information?
- Can I afford to support a child?
- Is my relationship ready for a child?
- What are my long term goals?
- Could I handle a child and a job/school at the same time? How?
- What will a child need from me? (emotionally, physically, mentally) How will I provide these?
- What might I have to give up if I parent?
- Am I prepared for a 24/7 responsibility?
- Do I have a support system that will assist me? Who are they and in what ways will they help?
- Is parenting a child best for my child or myself?
- Am I better able to provide a good life for my child if I wait to parent and consider adoption?