Pregnancy Counseling and Adoption Services
An unplanned pregnancy leads to many difficult decisions. Knowing what options are available is important. For this reason, LSS provides pregnancy counseling and adoption services to help sort through your options and provide accurate information about what is available. We are experts in the many variables of adoption and know that a good decision making process involves:
- gathering information on all choices.
- looking realistically at your current situation.
- prioritizing life goals.
- examining long term implications of each choice.
- examining reliable support systems.
- choosing among your options.
- committing to a plan of action.
As You Consider Your Pregnancy Options, Ask Yourself:
- Should I talk to someone about my options and get accurate information?
- Can I afford to support a child?
- Is my relationship ready for a child?
- What are my long term goals?
- Could I handle a child and a job/school at the same time? How?
- What will a child need from me? (emotionally, physically, mentally) How will I provide these?
- What might I have to give up if I parent?
- Am I prepared for a 24/7 responsibility?
- Do I have a support system that will assist me? Who are they and in what ways will they help?
- Is parenting a child best for my child or myself?
- Am I better able to provide a good life for my child if I wait to parent and consider adoption?