LSS outpatient counseling offers a variety of services for individuals, families, couples and groups. Counseling Services include:
- Individual, couples and family therapy.
- Group therapy and education groups.
- Marriage preparation.
- Mental health assessments and evaluations.
- Critical incident counseling following a traumatic incident in a school, congregation or workplace.
- Counseling for victims of crime – if you have been the victim of a violent crime, you may be eligible for counseling services at no cost to you. Contact LSS for more information.
Outpatient counseling can help individuals, couples and families clarify their situations. It examines possible solutions and develops coping strategies. LSS provides affordable counseling services. We have a sliding fee scale for basic counseling services based on income. Some specialized services are not covered under this structure.
We are here to help with:
- Depression learn more
- Anxiety learn more
- Grief learn more
- Family Conflict
- Couples Conflict
- Divorce Adjustment
- Workplace Issues
LSS is covered under most insurance plans. We accept South Dakota Medicaid and Medicare. Some insurance requires pre-certification procedures. Our counselors can help you navigate this. LSS counseling centers are conveniently located throughout South Dakota. The main offices are located in Aberdeen, Rapid City, Sioux Falls and Watertown. Satellite offices are located in Brookings, Milbank, Mitchell, Sisseton and Sturgis.
LSS therapists are Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists and Licensed Addiction Counselors. The LSS counseling team includes psychiatrists and psychologists. LSS counseling services are accredited through the Council on Accreditation and meet their rigorous standards. For the LSS provider directory, click here.
Schedule an appointment online or call 1-855-334-2953 toll free. If this is an emergency, please call 911.