Refugee Employment Services
Refugees come to South Dakota eager and ready to work, with the skills and drive to succeed in a variety of industries. Center for New Americans employment services help prepare refugees and employers for a successful workplace.
Center for New Americans employment services work with people who have refugee status. These new Americans are legal permanent residents of the United States, and are authorized by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service to work immediately upon their arrival.
LSS SOCIAL SERVICES FOR EMPLOYING REFUGEES
The LSS Center for New Americans helps refugees become self-sufficient and employed.
LSS can provide the following services:
- Prescreening of potential employees
- Pre-employment orientation and counseling
- On-site assistance with hiring
- Follow-up with employers
- Access to culturally and linguistically diverse employment specialists
- Industry-specific English classes
If you’re an employer, we invite you to post your job opportunity online with Center for New American employment services.