Lead Teacher, Early Childhood
Childcare & Education Services, Sioux Falls
Two opportunities available
- Two-year old classroom: Monday through Friday, 7 am to 4 pm with a one (1) hour lunch break
- Infant classroom: Monday through Friday, 7 am to 4 pm with a one (1) hour lunch break
Duties will include:
- Lead children by participating in games, reading with children and teaching them simple, fun and enriching activities.
- Spend time outdoors with children.
- Prepare lesson plans during paid planning time.
- Take written observations of children’s learning and progress to enter in the database.
- Assist in preparing and serving food, and cleaning areas to ensure clean sanitary conditions and to meet standards.
- Maintain minimal daily paperwork.
- Communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with students, their parents, and other staff.
- Provide quality, nurturing care to children enrolled in the program.
- Assist students with potty training.
- Attend in-service training required by licensing and the program.
Bachelor’s degree in education or related field or CDA degree with extensive experience required. Must have training and experience necessary to develop educational relationships with children. Valid driver’s license with good driving record required. Must successfully complete all agency background checks.
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications.
Respond by: open until filled
Equal Opportunity Employer