Residential Group Leader/Direct Care Staff, Evening Reporting Center
Arise Youth Center, Alternatives to Detention, Sioux Falls
Full-time: Wednesday through Saturday, afternoon/evening hours
Part-time: Monday through Wednesday, afternoon/evening hours
- Provide supervision and support for youth in the Arise Youth Center. Engage youth in the ERC program and generate enthusiasm for their success and growth throughout the program.
- Facilitate group sessions (i.e., life skills, social skills, job skills, cooking/meal planning, tutoring, etc.)
- Develop and carry out plans for each youth’s maximum personal growth in the group setting.
- Develop and carry out plans for the entire group to reach maximum productivity.
- Maintain and expand resource materials for group sessions.
- Collaborate and communicate with family members and others involved in the youth’s care.
- Develop relationships with community entities to support volunteer and learning opportunities for the youth.
- Identify community resources for potential incentives for the youth; i.e. free ballgame tickets, movie tickets, etc.
- Keep accurate records of group sessions and report.
- Attend community meetings as needed.
- Transport youth from school to ERC and from ERC to home as well as on community outings.
- Have knowledge and understanding of community resources.
Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science or related field from an accredited college or university and at least 2,000 hours of supervised experience (1 year full-time) in the delivery of mental health services to youth or a master’s degree in a behavioral science or related field from an accredited college or university. Applicant must be at least 21 years of age, be able to complete orientation training according to agency program standards, and pass required background checks. Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and meet agency driving requirements.
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications.
Respond by: open until filled
Equal Opportunity Employer