Special Education and Enrichment Facilitator, Here4Youth
Childcare & Education Services, Sioux Falls
- Monday through Friday 7 am to 9 am, with the opportunity for additional hours one (1) Saturday a month from 5 pm to 9 pm.
- Monday through Friday 2 pm to 6 pm, with the opportunity for additional hours one (1) Saturday a month from 5 pm to 9 pm.
We are very flexible with scheduling and try to work with staff schedules as much as possible.
Here4Youth is a before and after school program, as well as a summer program for students ages 3 to21 with or without special needs. We have a primary focus on working with youth who need more attention and specialized help with health, behavioral, developmental, and cognitive needs. Therefore, we staff at a 1 to 5 ratio; this allows the staff to give the youth the attention and care that they may need.
Here4Youth is currently seeking individuals that would be able to perform the following job duties and work 10 to 20+ hours a week during our 2017-2018 School Year Program, with a start date in August if possible. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 7 am to 9 am (before school) and then 2 pm to 6 pm (after school), with the opportunity for additional hours one Saturday a month from 5 pm to 9 pm. We are very flexible with scheduling and try to work with staff schedules as much as possible.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing support for youth in the areas of personal grooming, positioning, transferring, and other activities of daily living
- Supervising children in the Here4Youth building as well as on field trips
- Assisting in implementing planned recreational and leisure time activities
- Providing instruction to all youth attending Here4Youth
- Accurately collecting, reporting, and documenting, including but not limited to: progress reports, incident reports, maladaptive behavior records, etc.
- Responding to behaviors according to individual plans
- Following organizational policy and procedures
- Ensuring the safety of youth receiving services
- Meeting and maintaining all training requirements as required by the state of South Dakota and Lutheran Social Services
- Transporting youth to and from outings in agency owned vehicles
Applicants for this position must meet the following requirements –
- Requires a full range of body motion including the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull when responding to challenging behaviors, eye/hand coordination, and the ability to lift youth weighing 50 pounds, using proper body mechanics
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be able to obtain CPR & First Aid Certification
- Must be reliable
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must LOVE children
- Have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and obtain approved driver status
- Must successfully complete all agency background checks
Salary: $10.25 per hour
Respond by: open until filled
Equal Opportunity Employer